Monday, September 27, 2010

Relaps

It so easy to get sucked into the thought of how unfair life can be. I did it for years, wallowing. I was so wrapped up with all the injustice of my life that before I knew it, 15 years had passed me by in the blink of an eye.

I was reminded last night, during a conversation with a close friend, how easily life can swallow you up in all the chaos. Sometimes you feel like things are so unbearable that you just can't see past all the trees. For a millisecond I experience a relapse of those feelings.

I'm a survivor, but I didn't come by it easily. It's taken a lot of faith to get to where I am today. It's my faith that shed the light on my darkest days. It's my faith that has brought me to a higher ground to gain a clearer perspective. It's my faith that makes me realize how truly blessed I really am. It's my faith that brings me peace and joy.

Today is a happy day despite the rain and I'm reminded to "be still and know that He is God".

So this is all to say, that if you're in the thick of the dark, dreary forest, have a little faith that you'll soon see the clearing, past all the trees.

Natural Bridge State Resort Park is located in Kentucky. I was fortunate enough to visit this park many times while I was at Oakdale Christian Academy. The park is made up of over 2,300 acres of land and over 20 miles of trails. While your hiking you can't see past the height of all the trees and sometimes you wonder if you'll ever make it to the top of Natural Bridge. Then you finally break to the surface. Across from the Bridge is my favorite Summit: Lover's Leap, the summit reaches 1309 feet and as you take a panorama view of all your surroundings you start to appreciate the benefit of trekking the uneven terrain. The site is magnificent.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment