Wednesday, July 23, 2014

When the answer is NO

How many times do we all reach out in life wanting things to go our way but only find ourselves empty handed?  Or are we - empty handed?  I remember praying for many things as a young teenage girl, only to be met with a simple: "NO".  I'd pout, feel sorry for myself, yell at God about how "unfair" He was being and more than often questioned Him non stop with my "Why?" Why not?" "Can't you see that I NEED THIS to work out MY way!?".  As I got older, my prayers didn't change much.  Instead of saying "I Need", it turned into "It would be NICE if this was a part of your will, and these are the reasons why I think if it's not in your plan that you should consider it"

Sometimes, the best things in life happen when we're not given what we want. We want to stomp our feet and become down hearted when things don't go the way we wish but sometimes "No" is what we need.

I've finally realized that God doesn't cater to our wants and what we think we need.  God has a much better view of the complete picture - we just need to learn how to get a different perspective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment