Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Beauty is Red

Kennesaw Mountain Photo Session
May 20, 2013

I hung up the phone and spent a moment in silence as the tears flowed down my face.  Erica's story completely overwhelmed me.  I have captured many emotional and important moments over the years but this photo session was truly inspired by God's spirit.  I've created my own ideas in the past as to what creative point of view I wanted to use to accomplish my goal but this time short glimpses of images immediately started introducing themselves to my minds eye.  It's unlike anything I've every experienced before and it was a completely amazing gift that I feel I was given. 

Erica lost her best friend last August very suddenly. Many hard months have followed since she hasn't been able to have a conversation with her mom face to face or to be able to embrace her lovingly in her arms. These days, the words she shares, are spoken into the wind from her heart to heaven.

Erica's request was to have photographs taken in a red dress she had worn to a gala recently. Her mom's favorite color was red. Some time ago, her mom was photographed in a red dress which is now a cherished possession that Erica clings to.  This session was to honor the woman who nurtured her all of her life and a tribute to her best friend and best mom in the world.  She is greatly loved and missed.  I know that Momma was smiling with pride at the beauty of her daughter.

Erica, you are an absolutely beautiful lady, inside and out.









No comments:

Post a Comment