Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Tipping Point

It's a very rare time when I am unable to find the words to express a thought or a feeling... yet here I am in this moment ...right now.

I'm really beyond expressive phrases or witty comments.

I always tell my kids that you should always tell those that you love that you love them. Never hold back your affection, always be open with your feelings.

I've always also said that there's nothing wrong in being afraid, though I have to admit that I've probably spent entirely too much time in my life being fearful and for a long time controlled by anxiety and a worrisome mind.

This is different this time.

I would never be happy that my kids or loved ones were potentially putting their lives at risk for ANYTHING.  No matter how important that thing may be. But here we go.  The thing that I've been putting off grieving or being afraid of is finally here.

"Oh God" I pray,  "Please, please, please watch over my baby brother, please keep him safe and away from harm". "Please, please, please let him make it thru his time and return to us unharmed". 

I've done my share of begging to God but now I find myself begging more than I ever have before.

I hate this feeling.

For years since 9/11 I have read stories, read articles, followed the news about everything that is happening in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran.  It's completely different when YOU don't have a loved one in the military being deployed but that has all changed since Oliver decided that he wanted to be in the military.

Now here we are just days from him being deployed to Afghanistan and all I'm trying to do is be the BIG sister who keeps it together and who doesn't totally loose it in fear of what may lie ahead.  I'm afraid I'm at my tipping point- just about - now.



atlanta wedding photographer
Enjoy this Atlanta wedding photography provided by Christina Juleson with Captured Essence Photography in Atlanta metro area.

Christina Juleson is anything but your average Atlanta wedding photographer.Each wedding is treated with the utmost care and creativity not found with other Atlanta wedding photography studios. Your wedding day is carefully crafted to offer one of a kind unique photography in the Atlanta area.

This is Atlanta wedding photography at its best.Christina Juleson with Captured Essence Photography is based in Alpharetta Georgia within the Atlanta metro area.Offering wedding coverage in Atlanta, Alpharetta, Cumming, Roswell, Lawrenceville, Athens, Macon and in all the following states: Michigan, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky and Texas. Call for more information if your wedding is in a different destination than those listed.

Christina Juleson with Captured Essence Photography does provide additional photography service other than wedding photography.Please consider our studio for high school senior photography, child photography or family photography in the Atlanta area and surrounding cities.

Learn more about Atlantawedding photography

No comments:

Post a Comment