Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's so much more.

I woke up this morning not really wanting to go through the vigorous process that I do every year on this day.  The more I thought about it the more silly I felt thinking about how cooking a turkey and a table full of food could ever symbolize the true meaning of this day..... Thankfulness.

It's so much more that I feel than just "thankful", the word itself is just not sufficient enough to express true word of what I feel today.

I am thankful for family and friends, my mom, sister, brothers, Ray, Kendell & Brianna, Maggie, Paul their kids all the old and new relationships that I've been blessed to have this year.   Most importantly however I'm thankful for...

every trial and tribulation
every bad decision that I made that God turned around for good
for Gods strength in lifting me up out of an empty life of ashes to a more vibrant way of living
for every sacrifice
for every time I endured when I wanted to give up knowing that my God was with me
for every tear I had to shed to finally let go
for God's forgiveness and abundant grace and most important sacrifice of all His son Jesus Christ
for God's acceptance of me despite all of my faults and failures
for His meeting me where I was and staying with me where I am and for leading me into my future
for consequences
for blessings
for pain, because without growing pains, where would I be?
for the knowledge and assurance that there is light at the end of tunnel
for love and finally understanding the TRUE meaning of TRUE love

The word "thankful" is just not enough because it's so much more than just that word.

And for these I'm extremely thankful and blessed for they have changed my life forever......





 
 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment