Sunday, September 19, 2010

She's so much more than I am

4 years went by before Ray and I had Brianna.  Up until she entered our lives, I had grown accustomed to the way of boys. Not just boys in general but my boy, our boy, Kendell.  I often wandered while I was carrying Bri in my womb how God would supply me the amount of love that I would need in order to love her as much as I loved my first born.  It didn't seam possible that I could love any other child as much as I loved Kendell, yet on the day she was born our entire world changed once again and some how the flood gates of unconditional abundant love flowed down into my heart and I fell in love once again.

She's so much more than I am, our daughter Brianna, yet everyday I'm dumb founded by how alike we can be at times.  She's shy, kind, generous, loving, warm, accepting.  When the shyness falls away she's spunky, outgoing, she laughs out loud and even sings and dances in front of all her friends without any sort of reservation. Just when I think she's 100% Ray I'm pleasantly surprised by the ways that she catches me off guard when she acts like me.

She's very sensitive and passionate when she believes something to be true.  She's outspoken when she finally feels comfortable around the people that know her.  She's creative and loves to express herself through pictures she's drawn with her markers or crayons.  She's loyal and she loves her friends., She's already made friends with a set of girls that I know she'll have for her entire life.

She's awesome, and every time I see her in these moments my heart aches just a tad cause I know I can't freeze time to keep her this small. Yet I'm eager and can't wait to see what a strong, independent woman she'll be one day.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment