Monday, October 29, 2012

Remember the time we....


Fall is my favorite season. Seeing all the colors of the trees and the barren limbs of trees that have lost most of their leaves makes me happy because I know in the spring all things will be made anew. I'm enamored by the cycle of life. The sound of the trees brushing up against each other and seeing the leaves sway back and forth in the wind. The leaves falling gracefully to the ground as the crisp cool air brushes my face makes me feel so thankful for God's creation because it's all so very wonderful.

It was in this beautiful fall weather that my Girl Scout troop, consisting of Suzie, Hailey, Brianna and I, found ourselves at Camp Timber Ridge for a Harry Potter inspired adventure in the woods this past weekend. The camp was alive with laughter from 200+ girls scattered all about. The atmosphere was alive with 7-18 year old girls running about, chanting, laughing, staying up late at night, talking, screaming in excitement of the opportunity to sleep out in the woods. The combination of camping and Halloween was perfect as the environment lend itself to the Harry Potter theme and made it out to be a great time for all of us!  

Halloween is a prime time for me to act like a kid again and maybe this is the reason why I love it so much. See - despite what people may perceive of me, I have my faith and beliefs but am not the kind of parent that says all things are EEEEvil and that Halloween should not be celebrated because it's a devilish holiday.  I know when a fun time is to be had, and if you're dressing up to have fun - I don't see the big deal.  Nonetheless, I'm grateful that I went with the flow because Suzie and I had so much fun with our girls this weekend and I know we made memories that our daughters will look back on in the future.

This weekend reminded of all the times that my mom would decorate the outside of our house and take us trick or treating. I wore plastic costumes with plastic faces (if you're a child of the 80's you know what I'm talking about). I'd go to school then trick or treating afterward and the costume would be destroyed and barely hanging on by an elastic thread.  I didn't care much though because I wasn't at all to concerned with my costume - my only REAL care = CANDY! Having to wait to have the candy inspected for razor blades or poison was torture- who knows, had I not withstood the torture I may not be alive today. Thanks MOM!

So this blog is really to say, however it is you celebrate the month of October or if you don't celebrate Halloween at all, it's all good. Share it with people that you love especially your little ones and get out and enjoy the fall weather because memories made are memories shared and just think forward to the day when your kid will say.. "remember the time we...."












atlanta wedding photographer
Enjoy this Atlanta wedding photography provided by Christina Juleson with Captured Essence Photography in Atlanta metro area.

Christina Juleson is anything but your average Atlanta wedding photographer. Each wedding is treated with the utmost care and creativity not found with other Atlanta wedding photography studios. Your wedding day is carefully crafted to offer one of a kind unique photography in the Atlanta area.

This is Atlanta wedding photography at its best. Christina Juleson with Captured Essence Photography is based in Alpharetta Georgia within the Atlanta metro area. Offering wedding coverage in Atlanta, Alpharetta, Cumming, Roswell, Lawrenceville, Athens, Macon and in all the following states: Michigan, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky and Texas. Call for more information if your wedding is in a different destination than those listed.

Christina Juleson with Captured Essence Photography does provide additional photography service other than wedding photography. Please consider our studio for high school senior photography, child photography or family photography in the Atlanta area and surrounding cities.

Learn more about Atlantawedding photography

No comments:

Post a Comment